What Happens to the Paper?
- Have a plastic cup, tissue paper, tape and a tub of water available for this center activity.
- Students will first tape a wad of tissue paper inside of the plastic cup.
- Have them hypothesize what will happen to the tissue if the cup is inverted and pushed straight into the tub of water.
- They should then do the experiment.
- Students should write a conclusion explaining the results and relating them to their hypothesis. They should explain why they think it happened.