- Have your students read The Wall by Eve Bunting.
- Ask them to write about the two main characters: How do they feel? What are they thinking?
- Prepare a list of questions for them to answer. Here are some samples:
- What do you think the father feels about the war? What in the story makes you think this?
- Do you think the boy understands what his father is feeling? Why?
- Have you ever been to this memorial wall? Why do you think it was built? Is it important? Why?
- Have your class reflect on the story and how it makes them feel?