A haikon is haiku written around a picture while describing it.
- Have students create their haiku. Haiku is a poem written in 3 lines, having 5 syllables in the first line, 7 syllables in the second line, and 5 syllables in the last line.
- On plain white paper have students sketch a design describing their haiku in light pencil.
- Using little torn pieces of construction paper, students will form their picture into a mosaic by gluing on the pieces.
- They will complete their haikon by writing their haiku around the edge of their mosaic in dark marker.
- Mount these on large pieces of construction paper to display.