- This center will take quite a bit of preparation, but it is an excellent listening and writing activity. Your students will be introduced to different kinds of music.
- Here are some examples for songs to use:
- "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" by Elton John
- "I Just Called To Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder
- "One Love" by Bob Marley
- "All You Need Is Love" by The Beatles
- "The Greatest Love Of All" by Whitney Houston
- "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen
- "What's Love Got To Do With It" by Tina Turner
- "Love Me Tender" by Elvis Presley
- "L-O-V-E" by Natalie Cole
- "You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You" by Dean Martin
- Record several of these songs or other love songs of your choice onto cassette.
- Have your students listen to the music and write down the phrases that include the word "love." Have them pick their favorite song and explain why.