Bean Bag Throw-and-Catch
- This is a great activity to help students improve their hand-eye coordination, targeting skills, and response time.
- Students work in pairs for this activity. They start with one foot (1') between them, facing each other. They toss the bag back and forth, each taking a step backward after they have succesfully completed the throw-and-catch at that distance (two throws, two catches for each distance).
- They continue in this fashion until the bag hits the ground. They should then measure the distance at which they ended.
- Have them do several sets, measuring each time.
- When they are finished, have them briefly write about the results, discussing if they improved, how far they went, and the average distance thrown.