Money from Around the World
- Obtain as much foreign currency as possible. Ask other teachers, friends and parents.
- Create a chart with the following three columns: country, name of money(ie. dollar, euro), worth in american dollars.
- Have a list of questions for students to figure out from the chart, such as:
- If I was a Parisian what money would I be using?
- I am going to China and need to convert $1000 to Chinese money. How much should I get?
- I just returned from Mexico and have 55 pesos left. How much will I get if I trade it in for American dollars.
- Let students observe the foreign currency when they are finished answering the questions.