- Come up with a list of historical events, people, or ideas that are fitting to your studies (you will need enough for your whole class). Some example questions are:
- What started WWI?
- What does the term 'Baby Boomers' refer to?
- Where did the Statue of Liberty come from?
- Cut these ideas into separate strips and put them in a container.
- When students get to the center they will pick a topic randomly and research it. You can either let them go to the library or provide research tools for them to use in the classroom.
- They will briefly need to write about their topic and display it in an original way. For example, if there was a question about the Statue of Liberty, they could create a mini-model of it and hang an index card including their information around the model.