- Have several copies of Beast Feast by Douglas Florian available at this center.
- Let students read the poems about the different animals and notice the style and method that Florian uses in the book.
- Students will need to pick a new animal about which to create their own poem.
- You may want to have book on animals and insects available for students to obtain information for the center.
- Have students write their poems and create a full color watercolor painting to go along with their poem.
- Make a class big book with all of the new animals included.