The Great Wall of China
- Set up a display of the Great Wall of China, including facts, figures, and photographs. Have books available as well for students to peruse.
- Have students respond to the magnitude of the Wall, and try to summarize some of the explanations given as to why the Great Wall was built and some of its physical dimensions.
- Have a list of questions for the students to answer such as:
- How many people were involved in building the Wall?
- How long did it take to build the structure?
- In your opinion, was the Wall effective and necessary?
- What are some of the myths about the Great Wall?
- Have them brainstorm about other manmade structures of large magnitude.