Copying the Masters
- You will need a variety of prints of famous artwork available for this center.
- Have students choose a print from the selection that they would like to reproduce.
- Let them choose their medium. They can use acrylic paints, watercolor, colored pencil, or pencil.
- They should try to replicate the artwork as closely as possible, including all of the details of the original.
- This is a good way for students to learn about drawing, form, and color; they will also appreciate the artists and their work.