Letter to an Author
- Students will need to pick a book that they really enjoyed. They should write down things that they liked about it. For best results, have a list of questions to trigger responses.
- Have them write a letter to the author of the book, discussing the story, why they like it, asking questions about the story or characters, etc.
- Their letter needs to be written in proper letter format. You may want to have this format displayed. Click here for a reproducible template of a basic letter format.
- Have students address envelopes, write the return address, and affix a stamp as well. Mail the letters. This is a great way for students to learn about correspondence in addition to gaining experience with writing letters and expressing their feelings and opinions to someone they don't actually know.
- Post any responses you may get.