- You will need to provide several circular objects at this center.
- Have your students find the circumference and diameter of each object.
- They can record their information in a chart with the following sections:
- diameter [d]
- circumference [C]
- C / d
- Have them look for a relationship among the computed values in the fourth column.
- They should come to the conclusion that the relationship between the circumference and the diameter of a circle is constant.
- Discuss the value of this ratio as pi.