- You will need Geoboards and dot paper for this activity.
- Have your students make a line through the middle of the Geoboard using a rubberband. They can do this horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- They then should make a shape on one side of the line with one side touching the line.
- Have them then draw the mirror image of the shape on the other side of the line.
- After practicing with the geoboards, have them do this same exercise, using different lines of symmetry and different shapes, on dot paper.
- They can use a mirror to check themselves.