- You will need a sponge, magnifying glasses, and water for this activity.
- Your students will observe a dry sponge through a magnifying lens and draw and describe what they see.
- They will then predict what will happen when the sponge gets wet; what it will look like.
- Students will then get the sponge wet and observe it. They will make observations about the differences before and after the sponge is wet. And they will make a conclusion as to what is physically occurring.
- Click here to download a sponge observation worksheet.