- Label three bags A, B, and C. Put 12 tiles in each bag. The tiles need to be a mixture of three colors, but different amounts of each color in each bag. For example one might have 2 green, 5 blue, and 5 red; while another might have 10 green, 1 red, and 1 blue.
- Instruct students to pick a bag and write down the letter on the label.
- Then without looking in the bag, they will need to pick out one tile, record it, and put it back. They do this 12 times
- They then repeat step 3 two more times.
- With this information they predict the number of each tile color in the bag.
- The last step is to check their answer. How close was their prediction?