Walk a Mile in Their Boots
- Prepare several scenarios dealing with veterans' issues that your students may develop into one-act plays. This will help them learn to understand what veterans often experience after wartime.
- Here are a few sample scenarios:
- A young soldier comes home from the war, having lost a limb. He is looking for a job. What does he do?
- You are a mother and your only child gets drafted into the Army. What are you feeling?
- You come home from the war, expecting cheering crowds and ticker-tape parades. Instead you get booed and ridiculed all the way home. How do you handle this situation?
- You are drafted into the military and disagree with the purpose of the fighting. How do you cope with your dilemma while staying patriotic?
- During your Veterans Day celebration, have your students act-out their plays in front of the class.