- At this center, your students will need to consider issues occurring at your school--you may want to have a few examples, such as:
- Eating lunch inside vs. outside
- Recycling program
- Listening to music during lunch
- Extracurricular activities / clubs
- They will need to form opinions about these topics--suggest freewriting on how they feel about certain issues.
- Then they should pretend they were running for school president. They should write a meaningful, convincing speech that they would use to get elected.
- Have students give speeches in front of the the class. This will be a great way to lead into a decision on the issues.