- Have the following books available:
- Walt Disney's Cinderella (1974)
- Yeh Shen by Louie (1982)
- Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters by Steptoe (1987)
- The Talking Eggs by Sansouci (1989)
- Princess Furball by Huck (1989)
- These are versions of the classic Cinderella tale from different cultures.
- Have your students compare and contrast these versions with their center group. Here are some example categories for comparisons:
- events (plot)
- As a group, have the students create their own modern-day version of Cinderella. They'll need a title, names for their characters, a setting for the story, and a full plot.
- After completing their story, have the students act out their tale for the class.