- You will need to obtain a Scattergories game die or create a simple spinner with letters in each section. Make the spinner using a paper plate and a fastener; make the pointer out of a piece of cardboard.
- At the center, provide worksheets listing several categories, such as: food, bird, color, etc.
- You also will need a timer or stopwatch that can track time for two minutes.
- The students will roll the die, set the time, and then write things for each category that begin with the letter shown on the die.
- The winner is the person who has the highest number of original answers. The students should cross out any answers that are duplicates (more than one student has the same answer).