How Many Classrooms Fit?
- Have this question posted at the math center.
How many classrooms will fit in our state?
- You may want to have hints available depending on your students' knowledge of area calaulation and problem solving.
- Students can work in pairs. They will need to first come up with a plan of attack for finding the answer.
- Make sure there is literature available where students can find the area of the state you live in, or permit them to go to the library.
- Have students write down the steps they take in solving the problem.
- As a closure activity, have students think of important uses for calculating areas.