- Choose several stories that your kids are very familiar with--ones that you know they could retell.
- Make these into sentence and/or word strips. Keep all of the strips in a container right next to where you hang the pocket chart.
- Your students can retell these stories by themselves or with partners by placing the sentence/word strips in order on the pocket chart.
- They won't get tired of the stories, even if you will. They can use a pointer to tell the stories to other students as well.
- You can also have them copy the sentences onto paper in order to make this a handwriting activity.