- You will need a scale, tape measures, and several different size pumpkins for this activity.
- Have instructions posted for this center. Your kids will first need to make a simple chart with the following titles:
- Pumpkin Number
- Estimation of Weight
- Estimation of Circumference
- Actual Weight
- Actual Circumference
- Students will collect all of the data to complete their charts. Instruct them to work with one pumkin at a time rather than weighing all of them and then measuring all of them. In this way their estimations should get better as they go.
- Have students graph the weight vs. circumference for the pumpkins to see if there is a standard that is followed.
- Have them make a conclusion.