Make Your Own Collage
- Students will create a large picture using art similar to that found in Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears in order to represent their own tale.
- At centers, students should brainstorm the aspects of the art from the story such as the geometric shapes, the thick outlines throughout the artwork, and the collage style of art.
- Students will first need to draw a sketch for their picture.
- After they are satisfied with their sketch they will draw each piece of the picture separately for the collage using color pastels. Their pieces should have bright colors, but should be simple.
- Then students will cut out the pieces and glue them to a piece of tagboard or other thick paper; they should continue putting together the pieces until their picture is finished.