- Have your students read this Thanksgiving poem, entitled "Thanksgiving."
- Ask students to write down what the author is thankful for.
- Have them brainstorm a list of things for which they are thankful.
- Then they should write their own poem about Thanksgiving. You may want to have a list of criteria to guide them, such as:
- three stanzas
- second and fourth lines rhyme
- Have students publish their final copies of their poems using the computer or word processor. If clip art is available at your school, let them add a picture or two to their poem. Then have the class make frames to display the poems. See the related center in Art.