Create a Collage
- Have students brainstorm common features of the creatures the Inch Worm encountered. They should come to the conclusion that they were all birds.
- They should pick another bird that Leo Lionni could have included in his book to create a collage. Have books available with pictures of birds.
- Students should become familiar with the kind of art that Leo Lionni does for Inch By Inch. For younger students, you will want to discuss this with them before center time.
- They will create their own collage-style art based on Inch By Inch of the bird they chose. You may want to have them also write the dialogue between the Inch Worm and their bird.
- For the collage, use construction paper and scrap paper.