- This is a great center game that helps develop hand-eye coordination. Have your students pair-up and play a game of Jacks!
- Have a few sets of jacks ready for this center.
- To start the game, students bounce the ball on the floor. They must pick up one jack and catch the ball before it touches the floor--this must all be done with one hand.
- Students will then pick up two jacks, three jacks, and so on; the goal is to pick up all of the jacks before the ball touches the floor.
- Students should alternate when they fail to pick up the appropriate number of jacks before the ball touches the floor.
- After playing several games, their control of the ball and reflexes will improve. As an added challenge, have them use their other hand.