- Make a spinner for this center using this download. All you must do is write in the letters that you want your students to use.
- Organize the game so that students can pick from a list of designated Categories such as: Animals, School, Music, Books. Have them select one of the Categories you give them for each round.
- They will each need a piece of paper and pencil to record their answer.
- Students should take turns spinning. They must all come up with a word that begins with the letter that the spinner lands on; it must relate to the Category for that round. If two students have the same answer for that round, then neither gets a point. Stress to students the importance for original answers.
- Have students continue the game until one gets 5 points.