Fact and Opinion
- You will need to find several articles that have both fact and opinion statements. If you cannot find something fitting this description, you can develop a simple article yourself.
- Make enough copies of these for each student.
- Have your kids circle, underline, or highlight the opinion statements in one color and the fact statements in another color.
- After they have completed this activity, have them write a few of their own facts and opinions.
- You will want to go over this activity as a whole class. Depending on your class' age, you may wish to discuss bias in articles in addition to the concept of fact and opinion.