- This center works if you can find patches of clover or other trefoils. (Trefoils are plants having leaves that are composed of three leaflets.)
- If clover is growing at your school, have your students go outside for this observation center. Clipboards work well for this part.
- Have your students observe the clover and write descriptions about them, making illustrations to go along with their observations.
- If you are able to find more than one type of trifoliate plant, have your students make observations of both and make some conclusions about the similarities.
- Using this science observation sheet works well.