Grateful for Acrostic
- Before using this center, discuss with your class the notion of being grateful for something. Really try to get them thinking seriously on the topic, so these acrostics will be thoughtful.
- They will need large white paper, crayons or colored pencils, and scrap paper or miscellaneous materials for decoration.
- They should first write the word Thanksgiving vertically down the left side of their paper.
- They will then come up with words or phrases beginning with each letter of Thanksgiving of things for which they are grateful. For more advanced students, paragraphs can be written in the space next to each letter.
- Your kids can then embellish their acrostic as they please.