Money Del Mundo
- Obtain coins from many different countries. You might want to have parents and friends lend international coins.
- Have students study the coins, noting similarities and differences among them.
- Students will then come up with their own design for a coin. Their design needs to be practical, yet original.
- Have them write why they chose their design, what they chose to write on the coin (if anything) and what the symbols they chose mean.
- Have your students share their coin creations with the class.