Irish Stained Glass Scene
- You will need manila paper, black permanent markers, colored markers, cooking oil, and tissues for this activity.
- Have your students depict a scene that one might find in Ireland based on the research that they have done in the Irish Mobiles Social Studies center. You may also want to provide some good pictures of scenery in Ireland as samples. They can also choose to draw a collage of shamrocks or a map of Ireland if they wish.
- They should initially use pencil to draw their scene on the paper. They should then go over it with thick strokes using the black permanent markers.
- Have your kids then color in the picture with the colored markers.
- They will then coat both sides of the paper with cooking oil by dabbing it on with the tissue. Now it's ready to hang in a window!