Unscramble the Words
- This center is a great way to introduce vocabulary words. It makes it much more exciting and memorable for your kids than simply handing out a list of words or having them copy a list from the board.
- Scramble up the new vocabulary words for the week. Have them listed at the center for the students to unscramble.
- Let students see how many words they can unscramble on their own and provide a checklist for them to check their work when they are done.
- After they have unscrambled the words, have dictionaries available for them to define the words. You also may want to have a thesaurus available for them to write some synonyms for the new words.
- Have them use all of the words in an original story.