Interview a Veteran
- Your students should be familiar with Veterans Day before doing this activity.
- Students will work in pairs to come up with questions for an interview with a veteran.
- Stress the importance of professionalism when preparing interview questions. They should review their questions for grammatical errors and clarity.
- Encourage your students to find a veteran to interview; someone in their family, a friend or neighbor, or often older people in homes enjoy sharing their experiences.
- If this is not possible, then the students can answer their own questions, playing the role of a veteran and really putting themselves in a veteran's shoes.
- Have your students share these with the class and invite veterans in to discuss this day with your students if at all possible.