Record a Story
- You will need a tape cassette recorder and player for this center.
- Your student should each pick a story that they have been reading or that is at their particular level.
- They will record themselves reading it into the tape recorder. Encourage them to add sound effects, change voices when characters change, and use expression.
- Tell them that their classmates will want to listen to their readings so they need to be clear and exciting to listen to.
- Keep these read-along tapes at the listening center for the class to use when they have time. This is a great resource for your beginning readers - they get encouragement when they hear their classmates reading.