- Download The Pumpkin, a funny and spooky poem by Robert Graves.
- Your students will read the poem together at the center.
- Have several questions for them to answer about the poem such as:
- List the pairs of rhyming words.
- In which lines do the rhymes occur?
- How many stanzas are in this poem?
- As a group have the students at the center come up with their own halloween poem. They should make it in the same form as is The Pumpkin.
- Have your kids make a final copy of the poem and illustrate it.