- Fill several empty soda bottles with different amounts of water.
- Pose this question to the students: What happens when you blow across the bottles?
- Have students record their observations, as well as writing down questions that they want to answer by experimentation, such as:
- What bottle makes the highest/lowest sound?
- What happens when it isn't filled or filled all the way?
- Encourage students to experiment with sound by changing the amounts of water in the bottles.
- Challenge them to play a common song by blowing on the bottles.