Compare the Cookies
Students will compare three different types of sugar cookies: class-made from scratch, ready-made dough for cookies, and boxed cookies.
- Show the class the three different types of cookies (or ingredients) and ask your class which cookies (out of the three) will taste the best. What is their reasoning?
- Have students help bake the ready-made dough cookies. You can cut them into Valentine shapes and decorate.
- Have students make the from-scratch cookies using the ingredients provided. These can also be molded or cut into shapes.
- When all of the cookies have been prepared, lay out each set separately and have students taste them.
- After the taste-test, graph the opinions for each type of cookie and discuss why the home-made (should!) taste the best.