Food For Thought
- You will need several different supermarket ads for this activity. Or you will need to visit a supermarket and list some prices.
- Have your students figure out how much they would spend on food for themselves eating for a week. They should be as realistic as they can including snacks and beverages.
- Have them estimate what their parents have to spend shopping for the whole family.
- Have them calculate how many hours they would have to work in a minimum wage job to buy their food for a week.
- Students should reflect on this activity addressing such things as being wasteful, buying expensive snacks, asking for things that they don't really need, etc.