Inclined to Slide
- You will need several different blocks of different weights, a set of weights, or you can use one block to which different weights may be attached.
- Students will need to have access to a flat, smooth surface that can be used as an inclined plane for this center.
- Have students follow this procedure:
- Place a block on one end of the plane.
- Slowly lift the edge of the plane that is nearest the block.
- Record the height at which the block just begins to slide.
- Do this with all of the different weights (or blocks).
- Record the data.
- Students should make conclusions based on their data and notice any correlations.