- Have a variety of cinquains available for your students to read.
- They should observe what they have in common to get the general feel of this type of poetry.
- Students will create their own cinquains following the following outline:
- LINE 1: One Word, Subject of Poem
- LINE 2: Two Words, Describe the Title
- LINE 3: Three Words , Describe an Action
- LINE 4: Four Words, a Feeling
- LINE 5: One Word, Refers to the Title
- Have students illustrate their poem. Combine with an art lesson on mosaics, watercolor or oil pastels.