- You will need several newspaper ads from different grocery stores in which prices are advertised.
- Have your students "prepare" a typical Thanksgiving dinner for their family.
- They should make a list of all of the foods along with the quantity and they then need to calculate the prices using the newspaper ads.
- They will then find out how much the typical Thanksgiving dinner costs for their family.
- Have a simple graph prepared earlier where students may record their name and plot the price of their Thanksgiving dinner in comparison to those of their classmates.