- Before beginning this center activity, discuss with your class how different families celebrate Thanksgiving. Have them share some ways they observe this holiday.
- You will need to have 8-inch squares of white paper and 9-inch squares of colored paper for this center.
- Students should each illustrate their family celebrating Thanksgiving on one of the 8-inch squares. They can also add a sentence or two describing their picture.
- They will paste their picture in the center of a piece of colored paper of their choice.
- All of the students will help to tape the pictures together to form a quilt. You may also want to add some blank squares and typical Thanksgiving images throughout the quilt.
- To finish, students will work together to cut out a strip of white paper to tape along the border of the quilt. This can be left white or your students can decorate it.