Place Geoboards and rubberbands on desks before students enter the classroom. Have the following instructions on the board: Make a shape according to the following rules:
- The shape must have four and ONLY four sides.
- Each shape must have exactly one peg on the inside, not on the boundary.
- Compare shapes at your table and adjust so that no two are alike.
- Combine your shapes with another table and continue to adjust until no two are alike.
- If possible, continue to combine tables and find new shapes that meet the criteria.